Tuesday, October 12, 2010




"Laura"
Acrylic

Recently, I was convinced I was having a heart attack. After surviving through the night, I called and made a doctor's appointment. I described my symptoms and they squeezed me in on the same day. In the waiting room I was beginning to feel like an idiot because not two days before I had been in the same waiting room for a check-up. When the nurse took me back she gave me a funny look. When the doctor came in I began to tell her how I felt. I told her that we needed to do an EKG because I was sure I had had a heart attack and since my head was hurting I needed an MRI to stop the brain aneurysm.
My doctor kindly informed me that while Heart attack is the number one cause of death in America, the odds of someone my age suffering from a heart attack would be nearly impossible. She then went on to say that if I were having a brain aneurysm I would know it. The pain would be almost unbearable.
The good news is that I am not suffering from either of the above. I just have anxiety and possibly a little, tiny bit of hypochondria.

No comments:

Post a Comment