Tuesday, October 12, 2010



"Flower Mural"
Acrylic

When flying to West Palm not to long ago I had an early flight to catch. I boarded the plane feeling a little nauseous, irritated, and exhausted. I flew Southwest in which you choose your own seat "just like church." I found one next to a window, past the exit and sat down. Not soon after a man sat down one seat away from me. He smiled a big smile and then began to talk. He was from Philadelphia, traveling on business, missing his family, a little bit hungry, interested in the Birmingham Civil Rights Museum, excited about Tampa, Florida, and engrossed in my People Magazine discussing Demi and Ashton's love life.
Really? It is now 7:30 AM.
The first chance I got I placed my I-pod speakers in my ear and closed my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment